Sunday, May 1, 2011

What is Your Word?



 Choose one, and only one; hyphenated is okay. 
This idea was taken from the book (or movie) Eat, Pray, Love. It resounded well with me because I'm a bit of a word nerd. Ok, so I don't check out the Word-of-the-Day on Webster all the time, but still, I can fully appreciate and enjoy a good word and its meaning. Especially if it is well-used in a sentence or writing.

Here's how to choose your word. It should resonate with your soul. You don't want your word to be teacher or engineer because those are careers; they are not you. I think there is also a difference between choosing your word and using words to describe yourself. That is why I think this is a very hard task to accomplish.

I have put some thought into who I see myself as, who I want to be, and who I actually am.
Free
That is my word. This word has been so dear to me. I've always come back to it. I think that when something is free-ing it has an optimistic character to it. I am the utmost optimist, and FREE is my word. Not because of the price, but because of the experience.

 Have you ever had a moment where you felt totally and completely free? What was it like? What is your word?

No comments:

Post a Comment